Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mid week predictions

Well, it would appear there are no Lawro's predictions this week, but I thought I'd do my own anyway

Sunderland v Aston Villa

Tough one, will the Villains be buoyant, or tired? Will Sunderland stutter or come back fighting after a fairly miserable run? I'm going for Villa to take their counter-attacking play to the Black Cats, but it could go either way

1-2

Birmingham v Blackburn

Arguably Birmingham have become the form team with four wins on the trot and three clean sheets within that, while Blackburn are one of the worst sides on the road, on paper this looks obvious

1-0

Bolton v West Ham

Basement battle time - if Bolton can play like they did at the weekend then they should see off the Hammers easily, if not, I don't think the Hammers will bring much anyway

1-0

Manchester United v Wolves

Pick a number between 1 and 10, then stick in front of -nil and you're there, United will no doubt have got a booting for the (deserving) loss to Villa, a bad time for Wolves to visit, if there was ever a good time... I've gone for four

4-0

Burnley v Arsenal

This should be interesting, how will Arsenal cope with Burnley's aggression? How will Burnley handle the four-day break? Depends on which Arsenal side shows up, I guess, Burnley showed a lot of gaps against Fulham

0-1

Chelsea v Portsmouth

Thankyou so much for that draw, Carlo - some fine defending did me very well....I expect a better performance, and even if not - it's Portsmouth, at Stamford Bridge...

3-0

Liverpool v Wigan

Surely this is one game where we can expect Liverpool to pull out a win, at home to Wigan...surely?

2-0

Tottenham v Man City

Now this is a tricky one, first instinct is naturally 'draw' after City's eight in their last nine, and either side could take this, but I've got a feeling Spurs will be resurgent after that shock defeat to Wolves

2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment