Friday, January 22, 2010

Beat Lawro week 23






Aaaaaah! I'm losing! 17 again this week

Standings

22 weeks played, 213 matches
13-9 to Tarquin

Lawro - 111 right, 25 perfects - 75 points
Tarquin - 110 right, 21 perfects - 64.5 points


Manchester United v Hull City

Rooney's fit, I can't see how Hull will trouble United, even if they are weak

Lawro: 2-0
Tarquin: 3-0

FA CUP


Preston v Chelsea



Chelsea seem to be in form right now, got to be a win for the league leaders (in reality)


Lawro: 0-2
Tarquin: 0-1

Reading v Burnley

Reading can win at Anfield, but seem unlikely to beat a pub team anywhere else - they haven't won at home since November, and couple that with Burnley...who have got one away point in the league and have only beaten MK Dons on the road - so both sides will fancy this, but either side could win, so I'm going for a replay

Lawro: 0-2
Tarquin: 1-1

Accrington Stanley v Fulham

I think Fulham have the talent to overcome Accrington Stanley, even without Zamora and Dempsey - Accrington are the lowest side left

Lawro: 1-2
Tarquin: 0-1

Aston Villa v Brighton

I'd be pretty stupid to back anything but a Villa win here


Lawro: 2-0
Tarquin: 3-0

Bolton v Sheffield United

This'll be a close contest, a Premier League struggler versus a decent Championship side, I'm going for a Sheffield win actually, Bolton did well to score against Arsenal, but then they collapsed, and they'll probably be fatigued

Lawro: 2-1
Tarquin: 1-2

Cardiff v Leicester

Hard to call this, so I'm being random and going for a Cardiff win

Lawro: 2-1
Tarquin: 3-1

Derby v Doncaster

Donny should be favourites here, they're in much better form and have won the past three meetings

Lawro: 1-1
Tarquin: 1-2

Everton v Birmingham

This is tough to call, both sides are on long undefeated runs - on that basis I'm going with my girlfriend



Lawro: 2-0
Tarquin: 1-2

Notts County v Wigan

It really depends on which Wigan side shows up, doesn't it - they have to be favourites, but it depends if we get the side that defeated Wolves or the one that got trounced at United, middle of the road I think

Lawro: 1-1
Tarquin: 2-2

Portsmouth v Sunderland

You never know, and Sunderland appear to have lost the plot a bit, think I'll plump for Pompey

Lawro: 2-1
Tarquin: 2-1

Southampton v Ipswich

I think Southampton will be a handful

Lawro: 1-1
Tarquin: 2-1

West Brom v Newcastle

These two again? To be honest I doubt they'll draw again, but I can't call it

Lawro: 1-1
Tarquin: 2-2

Wolves v Crystal Palace

I think Wolves are a quality Championship side, good game for them, and they'll have a kick up the bum after last week

Lawro: 2-1
Tarquin: 2-1

Tottenham v Leeds United


Certainly if Leeds can beat United they can beat a fairly ropey Tottenham, but surely Spurs are the favourites

Lawro: 2-0
Tarquin: 2-0

Stoke v Arsenal


I'm not really sure why Lawro is so excited by Arsenal being top of the league - they're equal top and have played an extra game - that's hardly leading the table in my book, but regardless, I think Arsenal will get beaten up here and won't be given much freedom to play - be interesting to see if Sol Campbell plays

Lawro: 1-1
Tarquin: 1-0


Scunthorpe v Man City


Mancini's already lost one game, so he's surely on his final warning - I can't imagine the Arabs will be impressed with a 'cupset' to Scunny, should be enough talent on show to win this


Lawro: 0-2
Tarquin: 0-2

No comments:

Post a Comment