Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beat Lawro 2/5/09

Lawro says:

Middlesboro v Man United 0-2
Chelsea v Fulham 1-1
Man City v Blackburn 2-0
Portsmouth v Arsenal 2-1
Stoke v West Ham 2-1
Tottenham v West Brom 2-0
Wigan v Bolton 2-2
Sunderland v Everton 2-1
Liverpool v Newcastle 3-0
Aston Villa v Hull 2-0

Tarquin says:

Middlesboro v Man United

I'm not as confident about this as Lawro, the Riverside is cursed land, and the big four have all struggled there in recent years - but because I don't want to tempt fate I'll stick to a decisive goal

0-1

Chelsea v Fulham

Keep dreaming, Lawro - even if Chelsea actually is in Fulham I don't see there being too much to this local derby, Chelsea may rest players tho

1-0

Man City v Blackburn

City seem to be recovering with Stephen Ireland back in fine form, think I'll add a goal

3-0

Portsmouth v Arsenal

I expect the old French tinkerer to rest some players, but I still expect an Arsenal win from the pacey youngsters

0-1

Stoke v West Ham

Stoke should be up for this, any points will seal the deal for them and West Ham are definitely a target

2-0

Tottenham v West Brom

This should be a fun match, two very open sides, watch out for Chris Brunt trying to single-handedly collect more points for the Baggies

2-1

Wigan v Bolton

Why does Lawro expect a high score draw from these two? Wigan have the lowest scoring rate in the league at home, and regularly draw 0-0, Bolton meanwhile have only gained two away points since the new year - I favour a slim win for Wigan, but I'll stick to a goalless wonder

0-0

Sunderland v Everton

I don't expect much from this, especially a Sunderland win - Everton should bounce back from that defeat by City but I'll go for a stalemate

1-1

Liverpool v Newcastle

My God, he went for more than two - Liverpool are starting to concede tho and it wouldn't surprise me if Owen got one just for the hell of it, no matter if I pick three or four I'm bound to pick wrong

3-1

Aston Villa v Hull

Villa will finally win (this is becoming a running joke)

2-0

No comments:

Post a Comment