Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ouch

Liverpool beaten at home by Chelsea

Utter shock that, and on balance the game was quite even - it was a curiously open game that could've gone either way, had Kuyt or Drogba finished their chances

What will be interesting is if Liverpool have it in them to win by two goals, and score three at the Bridge - it's not impossible, and Liverpool know how to do a comeback, but if Chelsea simply sit back I'd question how many Liverpool can conjure up

Ironically Liverpool looked nowhere near as ropey as United did - but they came away with a workable 2-2 draw - admittedly they now have to go to Porto, where no man (united) has ever won - but you never know

Arsenal look pretty good for progressing - fancy that, the top two teams on the ropes and Arsenal and Chelsea surely favourites to go through

You can get odds of Liverpool at 9/1 to win, that seems to refer to the match rather than 'to go through' - so I think that's a good offer, likewise the odds of Liverpool getting knocked out in the semis or later are 20/1+ - very rewarding odds

For this weekend I am introducing multipliers to the blog

I feel that after last weekend we'll see a few draws and I have opted for caution

as a result I've gone for obvious home wins for Liverpool and Chelsea (1/4 each), and Portsmouth (8/11), who are good at sealing three points at home against the lower sides, and away wins for United and Arsenal (2/5, 8/11)

I feel the odds are a little stingy on United and Arsenal, I thought a 10/11 would be a little fairer on two tricky away ties for both, but anyway it makes for total odds of 11/2

I think Arsenal and to a lesser extent, United, are slightly risky, but I want to see some real returns and felt it was safer than Spurs and Stoke who I also expect to win - coward

Anyway, real predictions tomorrow when Lawro pops up

No comments:

Post a Comment