Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am the Messiah, not Shearer

With this statement I shall save Newcastle:

Last week I placed a bet on the Toon to go down (just shy of evens), and with their draw against Pompey I have gained confidence and thrown caution to the wind to announce it to all and sundry

So when Newcastle face up against Wolves next season, I expect a few drinks, Geordies

You can still get pretty reasonable odds of 8/11 (but only at Stan James), or 10/17 at betfair - not too late

Also in the news - Giggsy finally won the PFA Player of the Year

I don't know what to make of it really - you can't criticise Giggs as anything other than a committed professional and a true legend of the game, but it does kind of make a mockery of the whole thing when they give out a 'player of the year' award as a lifetime achievement award

Granted, it's not been an exceptional year for talent, and the nominations were a bit iffy, but if you're going to do that, and when you consider its other flaws (as I mentioned last week), the whole concept is somewhat devalued and has therefore lost my respect

No comments:

Post a Comment