Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beat Lawro - Final Week

Well, as we head into the final week, Tarquin has got 6 more correct than the strange little one, so let's face it: Lawro is in a 'Middlesbrough' position, he has of course, got more points than me unfortunately

In all honesty I do think the 3 points for a correct score is too heavily weighted against the one for a correct result, so I'll probably change it to two for next season (when I do this properly) - I lifted the scoring system off another prediction game, but they also had more points for goal differences, draws and negatives* - so I either do that (I'm too lazy) or I reduce the perfect score amount

Arsenal v Stoke 2-0
Aston Villa v Newcastle 2-0
Blackburn v West Brom 2-1
Fulham v Everton 2-1
Hull v Manchester United 1-1
Liverpool v Spurs 2-1
Man City v Bolton 2-0
Sunderland v Chelsea 0-2
West Ham v Middlesboro 2-1
Wigan v Portsmouth 2-1

Arsenal v Stoke

Can't really see why this will be anything but a comfortable win for the home side, I will foolishly go one better than Lawro

3-0

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Villa aren't all that at home, but Newcastle aren't all that - of course, this is the final day and I can certainly foresee Newcastle getting a point, but Villa should win

2-0

Blackburn v West Brom

I can only see a Blackburn win here, I'm unsure how West Brom will approach this - I expect them to be positive, and possibly without a care in the world for one last show, but they may also be dejected now they have no hope

2-1

Fulham v Everton

Both sides are hopefully in Europe now, and both deservedly - Everton are the better team, but with Fulham's strength and Everton gearing up for an FA cup final I think you can be forgiven for not expecting much out of this

1-0

Hull v Manchester United

Much talk over this one - personally I'm quite happy for United to field the under-11s if they wish - it doesn't guarantee Hull will win and United have every right to pick their own players, Hull are a difficult side to pick - will they come out fighting? Realistically they can lose, but a point would be preferable in their position and I think they'll gun for it

1-2

Liverpool v Spurs

Liverpool don't seem to be showing any signs of giving in, so on that basis I expect them to whoop a side without their major-playmaker, Lennon

3-0

Man City v Bolton

Another nothing game, I expect City to win fairly comfortably

2-0

Sunderland v Chelsea

Not much interest in this, despite it being one of the four meaningful games - Sunderland will lose, but can only go down if Newcastle and Hull win - not something to boast about, but they'll be fine, personally I'd rather have the Baggies stay up, but what do I know

0-2

West Ham v Middlesboro

Hammers...bye-bye Boro!!

2-0

Wigan v Portsmouth

Yeah, I don't expect much from Portsmouth travelling to the north-west - ugly, ugly game

2-0

*Interestingly I just worked it out according to those rules: Lawro would by now have 45, Tarquin would have 46.5 - maybe I should introduce such a scoring system

No comments:

Post a Comment